Tier 2 Event Management Senior
The Mission Matters
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Powder River Industries, LLC team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our inclusive team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
About the Job
Powder River Industries is looking for an exprienced Tier 2 Event Management Senior to support our customers. The Tier Event Management Senior (Tier Two Support) supports the day-to-day operations of a team of network operations specialists and Incident Managers. This Tier 2 Team member functions as a shift lead for event management within the VNOC. The VNOC team monitors the on-premise and cloud infrastructure for the client and supports event and problem management.
• This team member will lead all event management procedures including supporting the event management junior staff in triaging outage calls, determining the required course of actions of event detections from Tier One, and completing the required documentation for closing out events
• VNOC Event Management Senior supports the Incident Managers for major incidents as needed, to include after action reporting and problem management.
• Responsible for research into root cause and documentation of major events, response rates, and reporting across all vNOC shifts, to include managing team to meet or exceed capacity, availability, and response times outlined in the Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
• Provide support to Tier One vNOC members with change management logging activities Change Management teams to record change detail as it occurs.
• Coordinate release management activities and record actual deployment change and status information as well as support all release deployment windows
• Create and maintain vNOC Event knowledge articles, runbooks, and SOPS and communicate to external support teams as necessary.
• Conduct continuous improvement activities within vNOC operational model, and ensure operations are efficient with a high level of quality for events
Minimum Top Secret Security Clearance
Must be a US Citizen
Powder River Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/ Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity